This is about my cooking adventures as I try new recipes and do food related things.
Everyone eats, so let's have fun cooking!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Waffle Brownies

This has got to be the easiest and fastest dessert ever, and it is also delicious! I found the recipe for waffle brownies when my friend Tanya shared a link to waffle cookies (you know I'll make them eventually):
Waffle Brownies


Anyway, here's how it went. I used a box of Jiffy chocolate muffin mix with mini chocolate chips (who doesn't love Jiffy mixes?) and per package instructions mixed it with 1 egg and 1/4 cup milk, then for added moistness and special flavor 1 T olive oil.

Using my Small Scoop, which holds about 1 T, I scooped the batter into the center of the waffle-cups (Is that what they're called?) of my waffle maker, which is the simple press kind. I would love the waffle maker that you flip, but mine is still cool because the waffles it makes are shaped like hearts.

I cooked these for a mere 30-40 seconds (using the timer on my microwave) and they came out fluffy and amazing. The ones I cooked for an entire minute were crisp, and darker but didn't have a burned flavor. We preferred them fluffy so I cooked the rest for 30-40 seconds each.

It made a decent amount, maybe a 20? I forgot to count, and they were going fast! I shared a few with my sister and my mom, who also loved them. I plan on making them again on Friday.

Here's a photo of the last one!

4 comments:

  1. I discovered that you can also make corn bread waffles! I will be trying more things in my waffle press soon, maybe I'll have a waffle day and make all my meals in the waffle press... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another update: a regular brownie mix, as the original recipe calls for was a complete disaster! I will also be trying a regular cake mix, to see how that goes. I'm glad Jiffy provides me with enough muffin flavors for waffle things that if nothing else works I'll still have lots of options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the apple cinnamon jiffy mix for breakfast, lunch or dinner soon. I love that mix! Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the warning about the regular mix;-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the apple cinnamon a few weeks ago and they were awesome! Easily a great option for both breakfast and dessert, depending on what you put on them. We ate most of them plain, because Jiffy makes such yummy mixes they didn't need anything!

    ReplyDelete