This is about my cooking adventures as I try new recipes and do food related things.
Everyone eats, so let's have fun cooking!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Sounds Good Rice

Sometimes when I cook I just add whatever sounds good and is at hand. I made rice this way a couple days ago.

I cooked the rice regularly and while it was steaming I got out some frozen chicken. I used my Micro-Cooker to thaw the chicken, I love that thing! I diced the chicken and then cooked it in a non-stick pan with pressed garlic - when it was fully cooked I added a splash of Pomegranate and Blood Orange Vinaigrette. It's light and fruity and goes wonderfully with many things, even if it does turn your chicken sort of purple.

When the rice was finished I mixed in the chicken. I melted a little butter in the pan that the chicken was in and then added back half the rice and chicken. I added soy sauce, Buffalo Rub (spicy!) and parmesan cheese and gave it a good frying. In the pot where I had steamed the rice I added more Pom Vin (I appreciate a nice abbreviation every now and then). When both were cooked to my satisfaction I mixed them together. It was amazing!

To this add any vegetables that sound especially delicious - onion, broccoli, carrots, green beans, I'm sure many others as well!

The lesson we learn here is that if it sounds good, most of the time it also tastes good. So experiment and make your own version of "This Sounds Good" rice :D

No comments:

Post a Comment