This is about my cooking adventures as I try new recipes and do food related things.
Everyone eats, so let's have fun cooking!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Smoky Mac 'N Cheese

I wanted to make mac 'n cheese, but I didn't feel like baking (baked mac 'n cheese is super yummy!) and I didn't want a regular alfredo sauce. So I thought I'd come up with something new. I started with boiling 2 cups of shells and dicing a chicken breast to saute. I seasoned the chicken with ground mustard and plenty of paprika (this is the main source of the smoky flavor).

For the cheese sauce I started with a basic kitchen glue recipe (2 T ea flour and butter + 1 cup milk + 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese) then I added 1 cup of chicken broth and 1 T of hickory bbq sauce. Then of course I mixed the chicken, shells and sauce.

I dished up a couple bowls for Shane and I and we sat down to eat. Shane proclaimed it delicious and then added cayenne hot sauce, and I did the same. The hot sauce really set off the smoky flavor.

This recipe was super fast and easy, especially if you've already mastered a basic Alfredo sauce. And you all know I love my whisk, so that's another reason I like this type of recipe, I get to whisk!

No comments:

Post a Comment