This is about my cooking adventures as I try new recipes and do food related things.
Everyone eats, so let's have fun cooking!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Taco Chili, My New Recipe

The other day I decided chili season was upon us so it was time that I started the season with a new chili recipe.

My original recipe:

1 large can diced tomato
10 oz ground turkey
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
4 fresh tomatoes
2 Serrano peppers
2 banana peppers
3 cloves garlic
1/2 packet any kind of taco seasoning (I used chipotle)

Optional: Serve with tortilla chips

I started by cooking the ground turkey with the taco seasoning and the peppers (chopped with my food chopper) and the garlic (pressed with my garlic press). I peeled the tomatoes (not as bad as it sounds with large tomatoes that you run under hot water for a little minute) and cut them into smaller pieces with my super awesome tomato knife, I don't know why I ever tried cutting tomatoes with a non-serrated knife before, but just don't do it. Always use a serrated knife when you want to cut tomatoes! It's just so much easier.

I put the tomatoes into my new Manual Food Processor and wow do I love that thing! It's lightweight and has no cords (that's the manual part) so it's no hassle to get out and use and then clean up and put away. To use it I just push down on the handle pump thingy and it spins the blade, so to finely chop and nearly liquify the tomatoes just takes a few pumps.

Add the tomatoes and the beans and corn, and simmer for about ten minutes. Voila! Chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment