This is about my cooking adventures as I try new recipes and do food related things.
Everyone eats, so let's have fun cooking!

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Quick Healthy Snack: Purple Pole Beans

I love vegetables. Well, most vegetables. Brussels sprouts can gtfo. 

One of my favorite vegetables are green beans, also called pole beans and snap beans. 
In this case my beans aren't actually green, they're purple. 

They look a little big, huh? No problem, in fact for the way I plan to cook them it's actually a good thing.

First, snap off each end. 


Next, French cut each bean.

When you've finished slicing add them to your pan.

Add salt, pepper, and butter to taste - you won't need much. Then cook over medium heat. Normally you cook a green bean until it's bright green and still has a little crunch when you bite. Good news! Purple beans actually turn green as they cook!

Magic vegetables. Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment